The City of Grand Rapids has recently updated its Comprehensive Plan. The 2011 Comprehensive Plan articulates our community’s values and vision for the future.
Chapters for review are as follows: (please allow additional time for Chapter 4 and Appendix 1 to upload, as the files are large)
- Cover/Acknowledgements/Chapter 1
- Chapter 2 - Planning Process
- Chapter 3 - Community Vision, Values, and Guiding Principles
- Chapter 4 - Future Land Use
- Chapter 5-1 - Goals, Objectives, Implementation Priorities
- Chapter 5-2 - Natural Infrastructure
- Chapter 5-3 - Economic Infrastructure
- Chapter 5-4 - Transportation Infrastructure
- Appendix 1 - Maps
- Appendix 2 - Public Process Results
- Appendix 3 - 1st Amendment - Acknowledgement of Plans
Riverfront Framework Plan
In October 2009, the City Council adopted the updated Riverfront Framework Plan. In addition to identifying the key redevelopment areas in the defined Riverfront area, the plan contains recommendations for improvements to the public realm (e.g.: physical/visual access to river and connectivity to Riverfront area), and for the private sector. Most importantly, the plan identifies goals and objectives, opportunities and constraints, as well as, an implementation strategy and potential sources of funding.
Downtown Redevelopment Master Plan
In February 2006, the City Council adopted the Downtown Redevelopment Master Plan. In addition to identifying the key redevelopment sites in the Downtown, the plan contains recommendations for improvements to the public realm (e.g.: streetscape and gateway features), and improved utilization of public parking. Most importantly, the plan includes and places emphasis on an implementation strategy.
Questions pertaining to any of the Community Plans can be addressed to:
Rob Mattei, Director of Community Development
City of Grand Rapids
420 North Pokegama Avenue
Grand Rapids, MN 55744